Sometimes I am afraid of my content helping fakers

While talking to Sharath Byregowda, he mentioned that he is afraid that my content might be helpful for fakers who want to clear the interviews or any kind of fakers. By him being afraid he also made me afraid. Sometimes, I feel that I should stop posting “Test Ideas” to stop people using my content to clear their interviewing by faking. But, here is my note to those people before they steal my content and fake in their interviews and finally clear or not clear their interviews.

Dear Fakers (You are not one till now? Wanting to become one),

My intention of posting my experiences and resources that would be helpful for a tester is a contribution to Software Testing community. Please, do not use the resources provided here to clear your interviews or fake to someone claiming that it is your work. It is bad to claim others effort and work as your work.

If you really want to show that you are eligible to clear the interview then first learn Software Testing and then clear the interview on your own.

Do not fake, it is injurious to your career – Would you afford to put your long-term career in danger? (Don’t look for short-term career by faking. Invest time and look for long-term career)

This is end of my note to fakers or those who would be trying to become one.

I request testers to educate fresh graduates or newbie testers to not fake in their career.

Thanks for your time in reading this blog post.
Related Podcast

Faking experience as a tester – Example from India – By Pradeep Soundararajan

1. @Santhosh

Fakers will any way find an alternative if you stop posting your test ideas :).

Think about it this way: By sharing your test ideas, you are triggering many young minds to think with a goal in mind. You are giving them ideas upon which they build their own.

Even if 100 fakes your test ideas and 1 person went ahead and explored further, I would say, that is a great success for you and your test ideas.

Good Posts Santhosh – I read all the posts on the blog so far.

Regards,
    Parimala Shankaraiah

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Permalink
  2. @Parimala,
    After writing this blog post I thought about it exactly what you mentioned in your comment. You are right that fakers will find one or the other way to fake and get their interviews cleared even when they do not know testing.

I will continue to publish the test ideas whenever I write them and thanks for your encouragement Parimala. Thanks for reading my all blogs posts hehe *smiles*.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 1:20 am | Permalink
  3. stumbled into this post. I think it’s a myth that most people think that fake testing is easy. It’s much more difficult than doing a honest day’s job. So many definitions to remember, so many concepts, so many documents, so many test-case ID, mapping test case ID to requirement Id, getting the change reviewed, conformation to quality norms of CMMi….

And another myth is that a fake tester sits on 1 side of the interviewing table. There are so many cases where fake testers sit on both sides and you know what happens then… :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 5:34 am | Permalink
  4. Nikhil wrote:

Today after clearing two technical rounds I attended an HR round in one company, before going there i asked them should i get my docs like reliving letter and payslips all..they said no.When interviewer took my interview he asked few background qns, i answered him well all, later at one point he searched some thing on net about me and in end he asked whether i came from some institute Q spiders, i told no…
    When i came home and searched on Q spiders i came to know lot of candidates from Q spiders bringing fake experience and attending interview…
    So my request to all fakers, please don’t try to bluff others,because in end u will end up with bluffing yourself, and today because of u people i might loose my much needed job:-(

Friday, February 8, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Permalink
  5. Thanks for sharing this with us. I hope the faking stuff reduces in future :)

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Permalink
  6. Amjath wrote:

@santhosh

I started reading your blog few days back..its really awesome.

in this post, i guess u mean fakers – who have fake certificate of work experience.

so, I know people who had good knowlegde to crack the system to find bugs, but no one to hire them.so, i believe if some one has great knowlegde then i wouldn’t mind to hire them with fake papers.At the end we need happy customer.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Permalink
  7. Hi Amjath,

Firstly, I am glad that you found my blog awesome.

I personally would agree to an extent with you. Sometimes, the brain works differently at different ages with different individuals and some or most might end up in going for faking experience based on some circumstances. However, if they understand that they did something which was wrong and have awesome skill-set while they agree that, what they did was wrong and wouldn’t do that in future; I would consider them.

Lastly, I would suggest people that “Do not go for faking experience, demonstrate your skills” and at least I am there to listen to you rather than your number of years of experience. At least Moolya believes in the skill-set rather than # of years of experience or some certification like ISTQB etc.

Have a great time ahead.

Santhosh Tuppad