My Interview Experience – I failed in Write Up exam

After Pradeep Soundararajan’s training got over, I was wandering Bangalore looking for testing openings. I got e-mail from THAT organization [ Government based ] which read I am shortlisted for interview for Test Engineer position [ I was happy ]. I called their office and they told me to contact HR. Then I contacted HR and he said me to attend on some date [ I do not remember ]. Then, I went for interview which included following rounds,

–          Written ( Aptitude, Testing basics ) – Was informed that I cleared round

–          Technical Round – HR informed me that I am not shortlisted

–          HR – Doesn’t make sense as I did not attend Technical round itself

Written

I saw many fresh graduates who were craving to get job. I was sure that I would clear first round. I did well in aptitude as well as testing basics. After 1 hour of written test I was asked to wait for results to be announced. After a long wait, HR came and said I am shortlisted and I was happy and called my girlfriend and informed about it. She was very happy. HR told me that he will call me and let me know when next round will be scheduled.

Technical Round [ Which I couldn’t attend ]

I was waiting for this round to attend. 1st day got over, I waited with patience to get a call from HR. 2nd day passed away and I still did not get any call. Then, I called HR,

Santhosh: Hi HR, I am Santhosh. I hope you remember. I wanted to know when my interview will will be scheduled.

HR: Santhosh, I will call you later and let you know.

[ At this time I had a hope that at least my next round will be scheduled ]

Many hours passed away and I again made a call,

Santhosh: Hi HR. I am Santhosh. Can you please… [ I had not fully finished and HR interrupted and told ]

HR: Santhosh, I am sorry. You are not shortlisted for next round.

Santhosh: But you said that day, I was shortlisted for next round.

HR: Technical team told that you did not do well in Write up of testing basics

Santhosh: Thank you. Bye.

[ In my mind I said to myself, organizations doesn’t know to hire and these kind of interviewers should be fired with AK-47 slowly by hitting them on leg first and then slowly towards their head and Boom!!! ]

So this is how Indian organizations hire where they do not look for talent but for write up, definitions, theoretical.

NOTE: I am sorry if I was rude but sometimes rudeness is required to bring an effect.

Reference Link

Interviews & Jobs Portal – Get free guidance from experts

1. Venthan wrote:

Thats sad part of the interview you have experienced. However, they are not lucky enough to have you work with them :)

Last week, similar thing happened to me. But its more funny.

I visited the office on time, where my interview was scheduled. The office was locked. I called the HR and he asked me to wait for half an our nearby. Luckily as I went with my friend in car, we were waiting in the car. After an hour I called him, he replied he is busy with a customer and asked me to come on the next day.

I visited him on time again and he again asked me to wait. Later he said sorry and he informed that he will cal me later. I informed him, not to waste my time and travel next time, please cal when you are free. He never called or picked my cal. after that.

Funny Fact is: The HR is an Indian, here in Qatar. ;)

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 11:01 am | Permalink
  2. @Venthan / venths,
    LOL that’s more funny. But in India these are not funny as they keep happening almost all the time. Organization has to understand that the candidates have their own life and commitments. Candidate knows what is he suffering from. He / she might be in need of some money [ Has got talent and skills ], he / she might have come to attend interview by dismissing other priority work they have and many more scenarios.

Most of the organizations speak about Time management. First they should learn to manage their time and have commitment in what they promise.

Value other persons time in order to receive time from them :)

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 11:12 am | Permalink
  3. Venthan wrote:

@ Santhosh,

Yes you are right, Even I’d wonder if some HR’s and other people will never use clock’s or watches at home.

And, they will make us visit us lot of times for a simple signature, which I have suffered when I got my relieving letter of the last worked company.

Only some are good :)

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 11:16 am | Permalink
  4. @Venthan,
    That’s right my friend. When I had resigned my manager asked me to come later for submitting the ID card :P. I had to go another day to just submit ID card ( RFID ) by spending around 300 INR for auto-rickshaw to travel up and down *smiles*.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Permalink
  5. Nisha wrote:

This post made me remember one of my intreview ,when i was a fresher. I was interviewed & selected by one of the famous company in money transfer domain,UAE Exchange. I was told that i was selected & come with my certificates etc in the coming week & exact date will be informed by the HR. After 2,3 weeks there was no response.So i called them up and was informed that they have recruited someone else & the guy has already joined. What is a better word to describe this that ‘Cheating’!!

Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 9:14 am | Permalink
  6. @Nisha,
    That’s bad. But, this happens in most of the organizations where they fail to follow-up. At least they should have informed you that you are rejected as you would have tried in some other organization. I hope they will learn to respect others time in future :)

Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 10:45 am | Permalink
  7. Dinesh wrote:

This was posted by you on 2010.Still the same process continuing… I went for an interview last week(one of the biggest MNC). Taken up the written test. (First round). HR told I got selected for written test and wait for Next technical round. Was waiting with another selected candidates. After half an hour another HR person came and told I can leave for the day and HR immediately left the place

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 7:26 am | Permalink
  8. Manthan wrote:

To,
    creator of this post

The people who blame the things usually end up in doing same things.

Manthan

Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 3:12 am | Permalink
  9. Dear Manthan,

At least I am not in that category :)

Santhosh Tuppad

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink
  10. Manthan wrote:

S…u might not be but people in your organisation does the same thing.I have cleared your company’s two technical rounds and after hr round I got mail stating that right now we don’t have openings, we will call u in future if any opening available. My question is y u took interview if openings are not their.
    Manthan

Friday, February 22, 2013 at 3:25 am | Permalink
  11. Dear Manthan, This is blog of Santhosh Tuppad and not a blog of Moolya. Please write to the concerned person via e-mail (You could respond to the same e-mail and get to understand things). You commenting here is nowhere going to help you nor help me. Thanks!

Monday, February 25, 2013 at 9:41 pm | Permalink