Coaching fresh graduates

Few days ago, I started getting calls from people asking to know about good testing institutes in Bangalore. My answer was – none of them. Then the next question from them was, they want to get trained and now what they should do. I thought about what can be done now, and I thought of coaching fresh graduates by investing my time. Now, I am coaching 2 fresh graduates [ Raghavendra Pujar & Manjunath Ullikashi ]. I started coaching them from 0800 PM to 1000 PM in a Café Coffee Day on weekdays. Now, as I have quit my job I have asked them to come down to my home during day-time and the coaching hours has been increased from 0200 hours to more.

My experience so far,

These 2 students of mine are doing well and I am allowing them to do mistakes as I want them to learn from their mistakes. This is a learning experience for me as well as a mentor. This is the first time I am coaching fresh graduates. I do a self-evaluation on myself on how am I doing and even ask for the feedback from my students. It has been a good experience and will continue to be.

My message to fresh graduates,

If you are interested to take up Software Testing as your career and you want to become a good tester then you need a good guidance. Seeking guidance from wrong set of people might be a misguidance. If you need guidance then, contact me at Santhosh.Tuppad@gmail.com or contact me on my phone at +91 98865 46088.

Want to know more?

Wait till I finish the coaching of my 2 students and then I will share my experience which you might be interested in. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks for your time in reading this blog post. Have a nice time.

1. Selim Mia wrote:

Wish for your success on Coaching and be a Mentor :)

– Selim

Monday, October 18, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Permalink
  2. Santosh All the best and keep up the good work.

Monday, October 18, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Permalink
  3. Vipul Gupta wrote:

Though it is part of my roles and responsibilities at office but I could never get time to do it offline. All the best with your endeavors.
    BTW it is always nice to talk to fresh graduates. One learns a lot during the interaction as they bring in new ideas that are nice to discuss.

Monday, October 18, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Permalink
  4. @Selim @ Nitin,

Thanks :)

Monday, October 18, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Permalink
  5. @Vipul,

Thanks for your wishes. I would love to meet coach more fresh graduates and that helps me in learning as a mentor.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 12:02 am | Permalink
  6. I endorse Santhosh Tuppad, for passionate newbie testers he will the right mentor.

Great initiative Santhosh. Keep up the good work going.

-Shiva Mathivanan

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 12:21 am | Permalink
  7. @Shiva Mathivanan,

Thanks for your comments :) I would love to see more mentors guiding fresh graduates.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 12:40 am | Permalink

gud luck

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Permalink
  11. @Arpitha,

Thanks :)

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 3:39 am | Permalink
  12. Mohan PSK wrote:

Good attempt. Why dont you institutionalize your idea so that more freshers can be benefited?

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 4:18 am | Permalink
  13. Sir, I will think about it. Surely, I would need inputs from you which would be of help to me :) I will come up with the plan and share it with you so that you can give me feedback on it and help me to revise the plan if it is not good enough.

Thanks!