Before few days I got to know about qTrace by QASymphony. You must know them even through BugDeBug as they are platinum sponsors. Let me talk more about qTrace tool which could be used by testers. Here are my thoughts on it,
- This tool could be used in context where steps to reproduce is more complex and there are many steps in it to be written along with more screenshots. qTrace has capability to capture keystrokes and screenshots for every click done. Later, once you record the steps you can view the steps one by one and also the exact position of click is displayed.
- I liked “System Information” fetching at one place. You have flexibility in including system information. If the bug you are reporting is based on the specific system requirements then you could use this feature to just fetch it in a second by a mouse click. Isn’t that cool enough?
- Save As options – I see that this report could be saved as MS-Word document, PDF document and other options. These export options are cool too.
- You can choose what you want to record – By saying this I mean to say that, it gives you list of windows to be recorded which are already in open state. You could choose “Skype” from the list and only any action performed on “Skype” would be recorded and not any other. I found this interesting as other things will not be recorded if any interruption comes in.
- Screenshot editing feature – This is a MUST and glad to see this feature in qTrace. You can add annotations, crop which is editing feature.
What am I looking forward from qTrace?
- More features to make it powerful one.
- My wish-list of features include;
- Customizable “System Information” elements. Tester should be able to choose what all information he needs rather than things which might not be required for the context.
- Exclude “screenshots” option while exporting it as DOC or PDF format. Not all bug reports would require screenshot. This could be disabled before recording the steps itself rather than saying “Exclude” after recording the steps.
- Make it available for other Operating System platforms like Macintosh and Linux.
What is it priced for?
Yearly license costs you 199838 USD. Err, I am just kidding. It is just 49 USD and could be installed on 3 machines under one license. This is damn affordable for the value that you will be getting out of it. I recommend it.
My interests include traveling, driving my SUV, health & fitness and many others. I mentor budding entrepreneurs, testers, teams in any profession.
Latest posts by SanthoshTuppad (see all)
- DIY: SMART TIPS TO TEST! - July 1, 2014
- Why Security Testing Sucks? - June 6, 2014
- I LOVE YOU AMMA (MOTHER), YOU ROCK. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! - May 11, 2014